Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The Honest To Goodness Truth On Is Fusion 360 Free Reddit

Buying Is Fusion 360 Free RedditAll kinds of super in depth videos about everything. I recently learned the PCB side of fusion, and holy cow was i missing out. It’s been two weeks and I can currently design all my inventions, very happy with the free program.


So my $500 subscription ends up tuning into a $1500 one which is the same as I’d pay for maintaining a solidworks license if I want full functionality. It’s nice that I can still buy daily access with cloud credits for rarely used features, but it’s not really the value proposition that it once was. 10 active documents means how to animate in inventor 2020 download that there are 10 spots for any document to open and be editable at any given time. All the other documents will be stored in the projects as a new inactive state. The ownership still remains with the user, saved in the projects. Autodesk created student’s free version for students, educational institutions, and educators.


I'm going to get blasted for this, but most of the functionality they are removing I was surprised to see in a "personal" edition. Remember, you're not supposed to make money off of personal use licences. Thanks, that's what I've been doing but I'm finding it a bit frustrating. I'm just a hobbyist. I don't make any money from my hobby. I'm also not rich, but I think the cost is reasonable. They're offering subscriptions/licenses at 40% off right now and I just purchased a 3-year subscription for $801, which works out to about $24/month USD. The annual commercial license is only $80 Canadian a month as I write this, that's hobby money for many of us. If you are using it commercially and your company can't afford this, your company is not long for this world. I've used Fusion 360 for years now, and the only other 3D software I've used is Solidworks but it's so expensive they won't even list the price online.


0 comments:

Post a Comment