Thursday, February 2, 2023

Is Fusion 360 Free Reddit Recommendations

Is Fusion 360 Free Reddit - A Womans PerspectiveI do well with Fusion 360 but I am primarily working with parts for various mechanical devices. From all the videos I've watched it seems that these are the kinds of things most people use F360 for, as opposed to artistic figures or character models and such. Others parametric options are thinker cad, onshape and solid works. There are several learning paths for the Autodesk software ecosystems. If you want to learn autodesk in my most personal opinion have the best channels for that. I've been following the videos from Product Design Online to learn Fusion 360.


I run a successful additive manufacturing business that started as a hobby using Fusion 360 for free. For me it was a Lunar Rover of my own design. When you get stuck trying to make something hover over each of the tools and see if you can figure out out. If you can't, formulate a Google search and you'll pretty much airways have a quick answer and be able to move right along. Doing it yourself is invaluable to the learning process. It's inconvenient but it works. All your designs are backed up on their servers. Yeah I realized I can reactivate my personal use license, so it is definitely functional for what I need again. The one you will probably notice most is the 10 active document limit.


I do have some limited experience with graphic and 3d design programs, so that helped. This is why I hate the trend of software as a service whether it's free or paid. How much money do they really expect to make from hobbyists? I'm also annoyed that they are limiting you to have autodeskforge access to more than 10 files at a time. This is a concern I've always have had with any cloud based platform . I understand they want to scale and push people into the freemium business model, but not being able to export to industry standard "universal" versions is bollocks.


You can save local files, but you have to do a new β€œsave as” and overwrite the old document for EVERY save operation. I’d wager 80% of hobbyist users don’t want or need cloud. Another major reason which Freecad cannot do anything about to increase adoption is the Indoctrination of users during college and Uni with solidworks, f360, autocad etc. They just dont want to learn a new software. When 10 document capacity is reached, to revisit an older design, do so by deactivating an active document and activating the inactive one to swap places with. I'm just a hobbyist. I don't make any money from my hobby. I'm also not rich, but I think the cost is reasonable. They're offering subscriptions/licenses at 40% off right now and I just purchased a 3-year subscription for $801, which works out to about $24/month USD. The annual commercial license is only $80 Canadian a month as I write this, that's hobby money for many of us. If you are using it commercially and your company can't afford this, your company is not long for this world. I've used Fusion 360 for years now, and the only other 3D software I've used is Solidworks but it's so expensive they won't even list the price online.


0 comments:

Post a Comment